set owner:group on root of volume
Add Reply
mabi
2017-07-11 18:15:00 UTC
Hi,
By default the owner and group of a GlusterFS seems to be root:root now I changed this by first mounting my volume using glusterfs/fuse on a client and did the following
chmod 1000:1000 /mnt/myglustervolume
This changed correctly the owner and group to UID/GID 1000 of my volume but like 1-2 hours later it was back to root:root. I tried again and this happens again.
Am I doing something wrong here? I am using GlusterFS 3.8.11 on Debian 8.
Regards,
M.
mabi
2017-07-11 19:33:47 UTC
Just found out I needed to set following two parameters:
gluster volume set myvol storage.owner-uid 1000
gluster volume set myvol storage.owner-gid 1000
In case that helps any one else :)
M.
mabi
M.