Load balanced VIP
Anthony Valentine
2017-07-12 15:37:27 UTC
Hello everyone!

I am working on implementing my first Gluster/Ganesha NFS setup and I am flowing this guide: http://blog.gluster.org/2015/10/linux-scale-out-nfsv4-using-nfs-ganesha-and-glusterfs-one-step-at-a-time

Everything is working fine. I've got Gluster and Ganesha NFS working and I have VIPs on each node and it is failing over fine, if a little slowly. However, the VIPs don't behave as I was expecting.

I was expecting a single VIP that clients could connect to that would load balance amongst all the active nodes, instead of having a VIP on each node. Is it possible to configure it to behave this way? I'm happy adding a proxy layer, such as an F5 or HAProxy, however I want to make sure that Ganesha doesn't handle this on its own before I head in that direction. Also, if it does require a proxy, is there a particular product that is known to work well and is there a guide for setting that up somewhere?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Anthony
Kaleb Keithley
2017-07-12 16:21:55 UTC
[...]
The Gluster/Ganesha HA provides a simple Active/Active HA.

I'm not aware that Pacemaker has any load-balancing capability in the IPaddr RA.

I think you will have to implement that yourself.

--

Kaleb