[Gluster-users] NFS-Ganesha packages for debian aren't installing
l***@ulrar.net
2017-06-07 10:31:22 UTC

I finally have the opportunity to give NFS-Ganesha a try, so I followed that :
https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/nfs-ganesha/2.4.5/Debian/

But when I try to install it, I get this :

nfs-ganesha : Depends: libntirpc1 (>= 1.4.3) but it is not going to be installed
nfs-ganesha-fsal : Depends: libdbus-1-3 (>= 1.9.14) but 1.8.22-0+deb8u1 is to be installed
Depends: libntirpc1 but it is not going to be installed

Clearly something must be missing, any idea what ?
I'm afraid to hear "you need the backports enabled", I'm asking hoping the packages are just
broken right now and will be fixed :)
l***@ulrar.net
2017-06-07 10:36:05 UTC
Wait, ignore that.
I added the stretch repo .. I think I got mind flooded by the broken link for the key before that,
sorry about the noise.
Hi,
Niels de Vos
2017-06-07 12:33:28 UTC
Post by l***@ulrar.net
Although looking at it I see .service files for systemd but nothing for SysV.
Is there no support for SysV ? Guess I'll have to write that myself
The packaging for packages provided by the Gluster Community (not in the
standard Debian repos) is maintained here:
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-debian (check the branches)

I'm pretty sure that patches to enable systemd support are welcome.
NFS-Ganesha has systemd enabled for Fedora and CentOS, so the bits
should be there somewhere.

HTH,
Niels
Post by l***@ulrar.net
Post by l***@ulrar.net
Wait, ignore that.
I added the stretch repo .. I think I got mind flooded by the broken link for the key before that,
sorry about the noise.
Hi,
Kaleb S. KEITHLEY
2017-06-07 12:59:20 UTC
Post by Niels de Vos
Post by l***@ulrar.net
Although looking at it I see .service files for systemd but nothing for SysV.
Is there no support for SysV ? Guess I'll have to write that myself
The packaging for packages provided by the Gluster Community (not in the
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-debian (check the branches)
I'm pretty sure that patches to enable systemd support are welcome.
NFS-Ganesha has systemd enabled for Fedora and CentOS, so the bits
should be there somewhere.
I'm a little confused. lemonnierk says he sees .service files and is
looking for SYSV files, which I interpret as meaning init.d files.

The Debian and Ubuntu packages are installing an init.d file. If you
want an example .service file for GlusterFS and/or Ganesha you can get
them, as Niels notes, from the Fedora, CentOS, and perhaps the SuSE rpms.

But even the official Debian packages, e.g. for Gluster, haven't
switched to systemd .service files yet (last I looked) and I have been
following that lead.

But if someone wants to send a diff or a pull request I'll be happy to
take it.
Post by Niels de Vos
HTH,
Niels
Post by l***@ulrar.net
Post by l***@ulrar.net
Wait, ignore that.
I added the stretch repo .. I think I got mind flooded by the broken link for the key before that,
sorry about the noise.
Hi,
2017-06-07 13:03:42 UTC
Well the NFS-Ganesha packages don't seem to install init.d files, no.
For reference, a locate ganesha gives that after installation of the .deb :

/lib/systemd/system/nfs-ganesha-config.service
/lib/systemd/system/nfs-ganesha-config.service-in.cmake
/lib/systemd/system/nfs-ganesha-lock.service
/lib/systemd/system/nfs-ganesha.service

I have indeed found a valid init.d script on the deb repo, after creating
a few directories by hand it did start fine. But I wonder why it's not in
the .deb packages ?

As for gluster, yes they do come with init.d files and that's been working
very well, that's why I was surprised not to find them for NFS Ganesha.
Post by Kaleb S. KEITHLEY
Post by Niels de Vos
Post by l***@ulrar.net
[...]
Post by Niels de Vos
HTH,
Niels
Post by l***@ulrar.net
Post by l***@ulrar.net
Wait, ignore that.
I added the stretch repo .. I think I got mind flooded by the broken link for the key before that,
sorry about the noise.
Hi,