[Gluster-users] nfs mounts as bricks
Oğuz Yarımtepe
2018-11-09 11:26:50 UTC

Do any glusterfs version support NFS exports as Gluster bricks. I read an
entry at 2005, the answer is no. Is is still no?

Regards.
--
Oğuz Yarımtepe
http://about.me/oguzy
Jiffin Thottan
2018-11-09 11:31:13 UTC
xattrs won't work on nfs mount, so answer is still no.

--

Jiffin

2018-11-09 11:51:40 UTC
Post by Oğuz Yarımtepe
Hi,
Do any glusterfs version support NFS exports as Gluster bricks. I read an
entry at 2005, the answer is no. Is is still no?
Indeed, still 'no'. Gluster depends on support for external attributes
on the bricks. New NFS-server could support those now, as I think this
optional feature has been included in the NFSv4.2 specification. I don't
know if any NFS-server implements extended attribute support yet, and if
the Linux NFS-client can use it.

Niels